Some Important Reasons for Conducting Background Checks
Each time business or a company goes through a vacant position to fill, there are potential candidates available. The employer has to sift through numerous applications to select the right candidates, and background verification is one of the stages in this hiring process. Here are a few reasons why running background checks are considered an indispensable part of the entire gig.
- Criminal History: One of the main reasons for doing background verification in India is to uncover any criminal past that a future employer might be hiding from the company. A person can be dangerous, untrustworthy and unreliable, all of which are negative traits not to be encouraged in the office. The potential employer deserves to know the person he/she is hiring.
- Past infractions: Apart from criminal history, a lot of background verification cases will reveal past driving records, credit card histories, and other sensitive material. While these are not so relevant in the context of the job at hand, if the job specifically involves driving or handling of large sums of money, it is something employers have to be aware of.
- Due diligence and liability avoidance: In a scenario where a person driving a vehicle for the company gets into an accident on the road due to DUI, the authorities will dig up his records to see if there have been previous cases of the same. If they are, it means that you have not done your background verification thoroughly and in some cases, you can be held liable for the accident.
- Provides the full picture: Most job applicants are “actors” during the hiring phase. They act and speak as if they are on top of the world, which in reality is not the situation. Looking into the resume, it may be so that the person has chosen to omit some pieces of information to make the presentation perfect. Background verifications ensure that there are no facades that hide the true behavioral history of an employee. The employer is able to see the applicant for what he/she really is and then talk business.
- Safety at the workplace: Simply put, quite a few applicants for any job interview are going to turn out dangerous and scary. It is not to do with the nature of the job but is a result of demographic distribution and probability. Doing a background check on potential employees negates the possibility of dangerous persons in your employment who could pose a personal threat to the health and well-being of others.
Netrika Consulting is one of the premier companies that pride themselves on accurate and timely background verification in India for just about every kind of organization. If you leave the background checking process to them, you will be able to concentrate on the other spheres of activity with purpose and clarity.